I love helping people figure out how to make their "digital storefront" not only beautiful and unique, but also functional and practical.
I think making your website just right is fun and it should be fun for you too!
I believe websites (and technology in general) should be;
- Making websites doesn't need to be stressful, mysterious, or outrageously expensive. I want you to feel comfortable with your website technology and will work with you to find the right tools and teach you what you want to learn.
- Websites should have a well-organized UI (user interface) so people can intuitively find what they need.
- Your website should clearly communicate your message and accomplish your goals.
- It's not just about the slickest features or the coolest design - I focus on finding the right fit for you; in terms of style and content organization
I want your website to be more than just another "cookie-cutter" website based on common templates, but I know better than to build themes from scratch - that takes an enormous amount of time and we both have better things to do with our lives, right?
I use professionally designed theme frameworks from curated collections to create a unique, modern, beautiful website that fit your style and branding.
- I want your website to be more than just another "cookie-cutter" website based on common templates, but I know better than to build themes from scratch - that takes an enormous amount of time and we both have better things to do with our lives, right?
Erica Lauer Vose
I began my grown-up life working in nonprofits where I got a lot of experience working with people to design and implement programs to help communities. This involved a lot of engaged listening and discovery work to figure out what services were actually needed and wanted.
My adventure in the tech world started shortly after getting my MPA degree in 2013, when I realized I how much technology could help nonprofits expand their reach and impact to benefit communities. This led me to co-found a code school and then later become a technical education specialist for New Relic.
Somewhere along the way, I realized something very exciting - I really love building websites! As a consummate crafter of just about any medium I can get my hands on (yarn, fabric, wood, metal, paint, beads, ... you name it. ) it was a very short leap from crafter in the physical world to digital crafter!
So now, almost five years later, I get to help people, teach, and craft beautiful websites for people!
Marc Charbonneau & Chuck LauerVose
Artful Starling Websites is so fortunate to have the advice, guidance, and expertise of these two amazing software engineers: Marc Charbonneau & Chuck LauerVose!
Marc is a senior Swift software engineer with 12 years professional experience building iOS and macOS apps. He has worked in agencies and start-ups on large and small projects as well as new projects and long-term projects at all stages of project development. He brings a deep understanding of mobile responsiveness and UI/UX design standards and best practices for mobile apps.
Marc consults with Artful Starling to help make web apps feel natural and fluid on a mobile device as well as assisting with mobile device testing and user testing.
Chuck is a senior Ruby software engineer with 13 years of professional experience. He has worked in agencies on large and small projects as well as new projects and long-term projects at all stages of project development in a several different languages. He brings a deep understanding of the Internet, websites, user analysis and complex code to his consultation work.
No office is complete without a highly skilled CFO (Chief Fun Officer) and we are so fortunate to have Mia on our team.
Mia takes her role very seriously ensuring that everyone is sufficiently snuggled and that stretch breaks and walks happen on a regular schedule every day. When she's not overseeing work at Artful Starling, you might find her out with friends on a Pack Hike or practicing one of her latest tricks!